The next stage of restoring the former splendour of the castle in Witków. With the financial support of the LWKZ and the Marshal of Lubuskie Voivodeship, 3 Renaissance stone window frames and a stone portal were reconstructed and installed in the Gate Building. The whole was reconstructed thanks to the fragments preserved in the cellars of the castle and archival photographs from 1961. The preserved fragments were skillfully combined with the reconstructed elements. The whole work was carried out by Mr. Tomasz Filar's company from Zielona Góra.
Most of the stone window decorations from Witków were removed and defragmented during the "renovation" in the 1970s.
The stone decorations were created during the Renaissance in the 16th century, when Witków was owned by the v. Schönaich family. The year 1557, when the reconstruction was completed, was engraved on the upper beam of one of the windows.
The attached photographs show the condition of the Gate Building before and after installation.